Sunday, April 22, 2012

A month at The Villages - our last week

April 21, Saturday - Happy 5th Anniversary
Nadine and Michael left before 8:00 this morning.  Nadine had an evening flight and tomorrow an Open House for her own house MLS# 603457
Note 5/13/12:  The house sold in 18 days but the pictures are here for now:  http://www.trulia.com/homes/Pennsylvania/Newtown/sold/20728162-241-Bucks-Meadow-Ln-Newtown-PA-18940



It was pretty cloudy all day so not a good pool day.  There was an Open House near us so we took a walk over to check it out.  It had to be seen because what was online didn't do it justice.  If I won the lottery, I would definitely buy that one and all the furniture with it.  Oh well!!  The virtual tour displays much more than just looking at the pictures.  It's at 654 Maybank Loop.
We stopped at our Rec Center and played some Shuffleboard - this has become my new sport.  Nothing I'm good at but so far I haven't had any aches and pains from it.
Larry wiped me out the first game
and then we played another one and I don't know how I did it, but I won.
Then we quit instead of doing our usual playoff.  It was our anniversary so I didn't want to hate Larry if he beat me :-)

The realtor at the Open House we went to told us that those bugs that we kept seeing all over the place are love bugs.  From the way they looked you could tell they were in love.
For more information you can look here on wikipedia where I learned that during and after mating, adult pairs remain coupled, even in flight, for up to several days.  Very interesting, but they're very annoying.

We went to church at 4:00 and were going to go to the store when we came out but it was pouring so we made a mad dash to the car.  By the time we got to the car we were soaked so we went home, changed our clothes and had a Vodka & Tonic. It was a good thing we decided to have our Anniversary dinner in Hawaii because we wouldn't have felt like going out.

April 22, Sunday
A lazy Sunday morning and then we went to the Colored Pencils Art Show at Lake Miona Rec Center.

What talent!  Our favorite one didn't even win an honorable mention.  We spoke to the artist and she said the judges thought it was too brown.  Well, it was brown and gave that sepia look which I think is what she wanted.  There was too much lighting to get good photos since they were under glass but here are some of the winners and our favorite brown one.

 Try to overlook the reflections of all the people including me and focus on the drawing.  It was a drawing from a photograph of a friend of the artist's grandparents.  The man was in vaudeville.  Hard to appreciate it because of all the noise in the background.
From there we took a little walk around an area around Creekside Landing where there was a kids playground
and a scenic water walk.
I also got to see my first baby ducks of the year.
It was really windy out tonight, maybe that kept the squirrels away because we had a cardinal at the bird feeder again.


April 23, Monday
I went to a really good Yoga class this morning, but what was I thinking.  I would never ride in a convertible at home when it was only 59 degrees but I took the golf cart over there - it was COLD.
Larry and I played shuffleboard again in the afternoon.  He won both games and you can see how chilly it was.  I had a longs sleeve shirt and a fleece jacket.
 A feathered friend walked by the shuffleboard courts

But after that I went to the pool, probably only 6 other people were there, but it felt really pleasant being in the sun with the wind howling.

While Larry played golf I went to Kohl's to spend a $10 coupon that came in the mail.  We had tilapia and salad for dinner.  One more tilapia dinner to go before we leave.
The Rest of the Week
We played our last games of Shuffleboard, looked at some new and resale houses and semi seriously thought about moving.

 





I "almost" won this game

love the eyes

Wating for Nittin




We went to the Town Square where there was a lot of activity

had dinner at The Lighthouse with Joyce, Richard, Sue & Rob
and had a sunset to greet us on our way out
We had our final dinner and then left bright and early the next morning.

No comments: