Monday, April 16, 2012

A month at The Villages - Fred's Visit - April 12-15

April 11, Wednesday
We took a walk to the Coconut Cove Rec center and played shuffleboard.  Larry beat me every time.  We had smoothies for lunch and then I went to the pool and Larry took a nap.  My neck seems to be getting better.  At least my back isn't hurting me so much even though I can still hardly move my neck.  Today is the day Fred is really supposed to come.  At least for tonight Larry thought we should have dinner when he got here.  Yesterday he didn't seem to think he would want to eat.

Fred did come and we had meatballs and spaghetti for dinner.

April 12 - Thursday
Larry took Fred for a drive in the golf cart to see some of the sights around the Villages and I stayed home to do yoga.
 The next 3 pictures are of  our neighborhood and house



I'm sitting at the pool now watching everyone standing around, feeling like I'm a character in the movie Cocoon, and looking back on my day.
This video is how the Villagers do laps.

"Maybe today would be the day my neck and back pain would be gone," I thought as I opened my eyes. No such luck. So I followed my neck recovery plan of the week and went into the glorious walk-in shower to let the hot water pour over my back and neck, every once in awhile upping the temperature as I would get used to it. I followed this with a few doses of my heat pad. While I was doing this Larry and Fred had breakfast and then went out in the golf cart for a partial tour of The Vilages and I was going to tackle the last part of my recovery - the Neck and Shoulder yoga routine that I've done for ages.. I took some pictures as they were leaving and when I walked back into the garage tripped over this uneven part of concrete and nearly fell flat on my face. Maybe the jolt would push my back into some normal alignment. Unlucky again, but at least I didn't fall on my face.

After yoga came breakfast and The View and with some more back pain I applied the "muscle pain" oil.

Dinner tonight was at The Lighthouse. We shared calamari for an appetizer. Larry and I had the pepper encrusted tuna salad and Fred had salmon AND I forgot to take any pictures until I was down to my last piece.




April 13 - Friday - Happy Friday the 13th
Just another day at The Villages but I actually woke up without the normal nerve pain on my back.  In fact, late yesterday afternoon, after the pool I felt like it was going away but didn't want to get too excited about it.  In the back of my mind, when I ordered the massager I thought that the pain would probably go away since I was ordering it.  It did arrive while I was cooking dinner but haven't used it yet.
Larry and Fred went to play golf after going to the pool.  We did some sightseeing around Spanish Springs and other areas that Fred hadn't seen plus we were able to catch some action at the Polo Field again.

Made one more check at another Publix for that elusive Mocha Almond Fudge Edy's ice cream.  I did an early morning run to Publix for the things I was going to need to make Chicken Tortilla Soup and they didn't have it there.  I bought a container in Spanish Springs last Monday.

April 14 - Saturday
I can't remember much of what we did on Saturday but Fred convinced us to have 2nds at Happy Hour.



April 15 - Sunday
It was another lazy day today.  Fred and Larry had a shuffleboard playoff and then there was some pool time for Fred and I.  Larry took a nap (or watched golf).  We went to Mallory for dinner.


No comments: