Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Myrtle Beach - Day 3

I couldn't believe that it was warmer in NH this morning, where Nadine lives, than in Myrtle Beach.

Somehow or other, I haven't cooked a meal yet!  Can't say that we've been eating great dinners, but with wine receptions and tonight we had wine tasting we just aren't hungry for much more after that.

We managed to be pretty busy today just hanging out around here.  I never did make it to the exercise class.  It was just too cold to go out so early and walk over to the building where it was being held.  But we did go down to water aerobics which is held at the indoor pool in the building next to ours.
It turned out to be water yoga which was too much standing around and not enough motion so that even though the water temp was 85 it felt much better getting into the hottub at 103 after we were done.

I wanted to go in the steam room but the ladies locker room had been cleaned and it was shut off.  I didn't want to wait for it to warm up so I went back to the room to eat breakfast and watch The View.

We decided to take a walk on the beach, but on our way we decided to have a putting contest at the putting green.  We went to the car, grabbed our putters and balls and on the way stopped at the basketball court when we saw 2 balls on the court and the court was in the sun.
 Larry's shot is going right in the basket!
And mine probably did too but I was more impressed by how thin I look in this picture!
After shooting lots of baskets and getting nice and warm we moved on to the putting area.
 And then finally the walk on the beach.

 At the other end of these little islands is the area where you need to cross barefooted - at low tide.  Needless to say, this was not a barefoot day.  More like sweaters, jackets and sneakers.

Looks like Larry is the only one on the beach!

When we came back it was so warm we decided to go to the outdoor hottub which was so nice and I didn't even feel cold walking back to our building with just a towel around me.
At 5:00 we had wine tasting and then back to our rooms.  Two glasses of wine (or more) make me so tired.

No comments: