Monday, October 29, 2012

Myrtle Beach - Day 1

We woke up to a beautiful sunrise as we watched the horrors of Sandy on TV.
While they were talking about evacuations it wasn't at all surprising that Greta needed to evacuate.
I knew Aunt Harrie was in Zone C, but gave her a call to make sure she was doing OK.  She assured me she was fine.  Friends got her fresh batteries and her cupboards were stocked.

There was a beautiful sunrise, even though it was cold.
We took a walk along the beach after the tide went out and saw a lot of washed ashore horseshoe crabs and my favorite pelicans.




Later on we went to the Tanger Outlet Mall on Rt 17.  The two stores we wanted to go to was the Timex store for Larry and the Naturalizer store for me.  Neither one was there anymore.

On our way back we stopped at Subway for a sandwich, we got their new Tuscan chicken melt.  We had a sliver taste of it but weren't hungry enough to eat it.  At 7:00 we went to the Not So Newlywed Game planning on being part of the audience since you had to call by 2:00 if you wanted to be a contestant.  We had no desire to be contestants so we just showed up.  As it turned out, they didn't have enough contestants so we became them.  We had a lot of fun playing with the two other couples that showed up.  One guy and his two daughters were the audience.  It was a very tame version compared to the ones we've seen on cruise ships.  We played a second game but lost in both.  Larry knew better than I that my answer for favorite non alcoholic beverage should have been coffee but I said Fresca.  And he shoud have known that my favorite food was ice cream. not oatmeal, even though I eat it every morning.

No comments: