Saturday, June 18, 2016

Concerning Vodka

Two of my favorite hot weather alcoholic beverages are Vodka Gimlets and Vodka and Tonic.

When we were in Florida this winter I noticed a shortage of Rose's Lime Juice which is used for the gimlets.
When we came home too, same problem.

I kept looking online to see if there was some manufacturing problem with the Rose's but could never find an answer.
The other day I noticed that Dr Pepper Snapple Group is now the owner of Rose's and I also saw that Schweppes is also one of their brands so I contacted them through their email page about why I can't find the Lime Juice or Schweppes Diet tonic in our area.

I got back the following reply.

June 15, 2016
Hello Barbara:

Thank you for reaching out to Rose's with your inquiry. Constraints in the global availability of clarified lime concentrate is impacting the supply of Rose’s Lime Juice. We are exploring alternative solutions to keep Rose’s Lime in stock, but based on concentrate availability and demand, you may experience intermittent shortages. Please rest assured that keeping Rose's in stock is our top priority.

For your inquiry about Schweppes Diet Tonic Water, product flavor offerings are introduced based on our knowledge of needs and wants in local markets. We are challenged to sell a large variety of SKU’s in a limited amount of space. We face this space challenge in retail accounts, as well as route trucks and warehouses. I did a search of 100 miles of Rochester and unfortunately, Schweppes Diet Tonic Water is not available in your area. However, we will forward your comments and interest to the appropriate teams and make sure your voice is heard.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and enjoy the rest of your day!

Sincerely,

Nick
Consumer Relations


When I looked at their website today I noticed that Rose's Lime Juice isn't on there anymore.

No comments: