Saturday, December 14, 2013

Frittata

As we were eating dinner tonight and it tasted so good, I wondered if I ever posted a frittata recipe and the answer was NO.  The one tonight tasted really good so I'm putting it here.  It was a last minute decision to make it since at 5:40 I didn't have a clue of what we were going to have for dinner since I've been busy preparing things for tomorrow night when we're having company.




Frittata
2 links Italian sausage
1 large sweet onion in large chunks
sweet peppers, any colors you like, large chunks
1 potato (I omitted this because I didn't have any)
Mushrooms (optional)
6 eggs
2 slices cheddar cheese (I used fat free)

Preheat oven to 350℉
Boil potatoes until tender and cut into pieces
Pre-cook the sausage, take it out of skin and chop (I did it in the microwave)
Saute onions and peppers in large skillet until partially tender then add mushrooms, if using.

Add sausage and potatoes to onion mixture.
Scramble eggs with some water and salt and pepper
Add to frying pan

Put uncovered skillet in oven until top is not runny, about 15 minutes
Add cheese until melted

Remove from oven and serve


No comments: