Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I'm glad it's over but in retrospect it was a great day.  Why is Thanksgiving such a project?  I can whip up a meal for Larry and I in 15 minutes but Thanksgiving is like a 4 day project and I only made a couple of the side dishes.
We only needed two tables this year since we were down 10 people from the last time - Greta & Kris and their families.  I took some pictures during the dinner but realized I never took pictures of the table before everyone came.  When I was downloading the pictures from the cameras we used I found that Larry had taken some and without my even asking!!  He is WONDERFUL!! (I hope he reads this.)
  The main table had a fresh fruit centerpiece
The other table had the pineapple turkey for a centerpiece

Michael, Kim, Larry, Karen, Margie (missing:  Kris)
 A kitchen group - Me, Doris, Sarah, Meg, Laura, Tim, Andy
 Katie and Ben
 Andy did a great job carving the turkey and making Peanut Butter Pie
Parker - the youngest member of the family
 John, Connor and Darren
 Larry and I got our break time for a picture
Laura and I wore bracelets for Melonie.
She posted this picture on Facebook in support of her cancer battle
 And the food
Top to bottom, left to right
Green Bean Casserole, Peanut Butter Pie, Rolls, Applesauce
 Squash Casserole, TURKEY, Mashed Potatoes,
Roasted Vegetables, Cranberry Jello Salad, Stuffing
 missing - Pecan Pie and
Cranberry Horseradish Relish that I forgot to put out

Reference for next time - this year I added turnips and parsnips to the roasted vegetables with carrots, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, broccoli, rutabaga, and red onion.

Greta was in New York City Thanksgiving Eve with Charles and the boys watching  them blow up the floats for the parade

and Nadine and Gerry went to Aunt Harrie's bringing Thanksgiving dinner and were joined by Em, Jon and Luke
 and I found this picture of Aunt Harrie and Uncle Mac from a long ago Thanksgiving.


No comments: