Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blueberry Crunch (Dump) Cake

I was looking for some fruity recipe to make for Bridge Club and I came across a Blueberry Crumb Cake recipe I saved from Good Morning America where Justin Timberlake said it was his favorite recipe and his Grandmother made it.

I Googled Blueberry Crumb Cake to find other variations and then saw that this is really Dump Cake.  That sounded familiar to me and I looked in my old recipes and saw that I had a Cherry Dump Cake.  It's called a Dump Cake because you just dump all the ingredients into the pan that you're using to bake it in.  My kind of recipe.

Following is my version of the recipe.

Blueberry Crunch (Dump) Cake

1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (undrained)
4 cups blueberries
3/4 cups sugar
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup walnuts chopped (can use pecans or nuts of choice)

Spray or butter bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish
Spread can of pineapple in dish
Mix sugar and blueberries and spread over pineapple
Sprinkle cake mix over blueberries
Drizzle melted butter over the dry mix
Mix 1/4 cup sugar with nuts
Sprinkle over cake mix

Bake at 350 ℉ for 1 hour or until nicely browned.

1 comment:

My Love Wedding Ring said...

Wow! this sounds lush!! Will have to give it a try...