Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Meniscus Tear

So now I know the cause of my latest pain. I have a torn Meniscus. I wish I could say I was doing some extreme sport that caused the problem but I'm not really sure what did it. I know I felt stiff when moving my leg after sitting on it (a usual sitting position for me) and that may have done it.

According to the literature and the doctor, it can just happen from standing up after sitting down. We're hoping it's going to heal by itself so I don't need surgery. It was the worst on Monday but yesterday it felt better and hopefully I'll continue to improve. This looks like some good information about the tear - http://www.health.com/health/library/topic/0,,te7345_te7346,00.html

2 comments:

Em said...

Oh no! Well, we have been members of the "cold of the week" club in our house! Hope you feel better soon!

Barb said...

Thanks Em and I hope the cold situation is under control in your house.