Tuesday, March 27, 2012

First Full Day in Orlando

It finally feels like we're on vacation.  We didn't have to spend 10 hours in the car, or go shopping or lug bags around.  We got up and didn't have to do anything!  We were at our first destination, the Wyndhan Bonnet Creek Resort.

That didn't last for too long.  We brought our coffee maker from home because I love having it grind and make the coffee,  A great way to start the day.  It was 6:30 and I was getting the pot ready when Larry thought it might be too early to make the coffee because the grinding is pretty loud and might disturb our neighbors.  So I waited until about 7:30 and turned on the pot.  When it was done I went over to the pot and saw that the coffee was all over the floor and counter.  OH NO!!! I forgot to put in the filter.  I should have taken a picture but I just grabbed paper towels and started cleaning.  Larry came over and pitched in too.  After everything was cleaned up I was ready to try again when I realized we used up the water we had bought the night before.  Off to Publix for some more.

The rest of the day was much better.  We drank our coffee, had breakfast and when we were finally ready to go out, we took a walk around the grounds.




Then we got our tennis stuff and tried our injured bodies on the tennis court to see how we would do.  The last time we played was a year ago.  I was all dressed up with my wrist band, tennis elbow band and now a knee brace.  Larry had his heel pad (not visible) and his tennis elbow band.  I didn't run but was able to move some and swing the racket so that my shoulder didn't bother me - - no shoulder band.  We were out for about 40 minutes and will try again tomorrow.

After pina colata smoothies and yogurt for lunch we went to the pool and hottub for the afternoon.  Lindeman's Bin 65 Chardonnay that was 2/$12 at Publix for happy hour, dinner and TV rounded out the rest of the day.

No comments: