Saturday, December 10, 2011

Trail Mix

Wegmans has a trail mix bar now in the bulk food section and it gave me the urge to make some trail mix.  What a mistake!  It is so good it is hard to stop eating it and these pictures look good enough to eat.  I didn't use the trail mix bar, I just selected each ingredient and weighed it separately.  The next time I went to make trail mix, yes, I did it again, I weighed all the bags at the price of the trail mix bar $5.99/lb and had about a $1.00/lb savings.
 Dried Apricots
Craisins
Dates
Dried Strawberries
Sunflower seeds
Almonds
Raisins
Christmas M&Ms - peanut and plain
Pistachio mix (pistachios, almonds and cashews)
The almost finished mix until I decided to add some cereal and pretzels
Kashi Cereal
Pretzels
The mix with pretzels and cereal

NOTE:  After a couple of days the pretzels got soggy so I had to remove them.  I like the flavor of the crispy and salty so next time I would just add some before serving.

No comments: