Saturday, December 14, 2013

Deviled Eggs - Improved

Ever since I got that dish for holding deviled eggs it has been my go-to dish to pass.  For one thing it's easy and for another it's always popular.  I think I've now perfected the entire  technique for making them from boiling the eggs to making them so I thought I would post it here.  Especially when Laura and Greta called me from the car after dropping their Dad off at the airport, for the recipe so they could make them when they got back to Greta's.



To Boil the Eggs
Start with them close to room temperature
Add cold water to 1 inch over the eggs
Put on medium heat and bring to a boil
Cover the pot
Shut off the heat
Let sit for 10 minutes

Remove eggs from pot and add to ice water
Let sit for 10 minutes

Put eggs back in empty pot
Cover pot
Shake pot back and forth
This will crack the eggs making them easy to peel

Roll eggs on counter or cutting board
Shells should come off easily

Deviled Eggs
Hard boiled eggs
Plain Greek yogurt
Mustard- any varieties or mixture of varieties, spicy brown is a good one to include
Salt and pepper
Hard boiled eggs Mayonnaise Mustard Salt and Pepper - See more at: http://divertedtodistraction.blogspot.com/2012/07/devilled-eggs.html#sthash.yMl05UjD.dpuf

Slice eggs in half lengthwise
Remove yolks
Using an electric mixer add mustard and mix
When flavor is good to taste add enough yogurt to get desired consistency

I like to put it through a pastry tube to fill the eggs because it looks nice

Sprinkle paprika on the eggs



No comments: