Thursday, March 23, 2017

Florida - Week 1

I can't believe the first week in Florida is over all ready.  I've washed the windstorm, no power, sleepless night and having to pack out of my mind (even though I just finally blogged about it last night).  We arrived down here around 11 PM after a nice, short, direct flight from Rochester.  We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport using Larry's free night from his credit card.  If we didn't have to change our flight we would have forgotten all about that night and lost it.

The next day we took the shuttle from the hotel back to the airport to get our rental car from Dollar.  I was really concerned about the price we were told we would get when I booked the car because it was so good using a AAA discount.  When we went to get it we did upgrade to a medium priced car and it went up $200.  We got this really cute KIA Soul.

We drove to the Vistana Beach Club and our room wasn't ready so we went to Shuckers for lunch.
When we came back our room was ready and found out we got a room in the beachfront building. Later on in the week I realized it was the same room we had last year based on photos I took from the beach.  This is the picture from last year with Larry out on the deck.

We started off out stay here mostly doing some grocery shopping and some walking either on the beach or on the street.  On Friday, St Patrick's Day, after a corned beef and cabbage dinner, we went to The Barn Theatre in Stuart and saw Neil Simon's Chapter II.  The cast did a great job and we were so glad we went.




On Sunday Larry got a picture of me from the deck as I took a walk on the beach.  It was the first day nice enough to walk with a bathing suit.

No comments: