Friday, November 28, 2014

Laura Visit 11/14-11/19

Nadine and I went to Laura's for a girls weekend.  I left home pretty much on time at 9:30.

I should mention that the weirdest thing happened.  I originally packed in my mid size suitcase but then thought it would be too hard to manage going up the stairs to Laura's condo so that morning, kneeling over the suitcase, I transferred everything to my backpack.  When I was done and started walking around my back was hurting but it didn't feel like I pulled anything.  OK - on with the weekend.

Nadine arrived about 1/2 hour before me.  We both got great spots on the street where we left our cars the entire time and Laura chaufferred us around the entire weekend.  According to Nadine, a girls weekend was where you talked about diets, shopped and went out to eat, so that's what we did.  On Friday night we went to Jake and Joe's for dinner but it was going to be an hour wait so we went to Panera's where we sat around and ate and chatted.  From there we went to Marshall's that was in the same plaza searching out a pair of boots for Nadine but came up with nothing so we went home.

On Saturday after a few cups of coffee and a lazy morning we went to DSW and found the boots.  Laura bought a pair of sneakers but I didn't get anything.  I did try on a few pairs, achy back and all.  We had a late, late lunch at Joe's where they didn't rush us so we didn't rush.
On the way back, we stopped at Shaw's where they had Progresso soups for $1 a can - who could pass that up and I bought six bottles of Schweppes Diet Tonic to import across state lines to home where I can never find it any more.
Back at Laura's, everyone was on their electronics of choice or read a book (Nadine) and enjoyed each other's company at the same time.

Sunday we were going to be ambitious.  We went to the gym, Nadine and I did yoga and Laura did Zumba.  After class my back felt really good, it must have been all those forward folds.  But later in the day or the next it wasn't as good so I started bending over a lot whenever I felt the need because that's what made it feel so good from class.  We stopped at Laura's office so she could print out some flyers

and then went back to the house to change.   We went to the newest Wegmans near Laura in Burlington where we had a late lunch on the 2nd floor overlooking the store.

Back at Laura's it was into our PJs to hang out for the evening.

Laura went to work on Monday and it was a day right out of the Carpenter's Song "Rainy Days and Mondays" but it didn't get us down.  We used the occasion to stay in our pajamas all day and not get dressed until we showered at 4PM because we knew we were going out that night.  Nadine even went to the car to get her new boots in her PJs.
At night, after a dinner of Progresso soup,

we went to Laura's womens group meeting which we really liked and near the end everyone wrote nice things about each other on these hearts that were taped on our backs during a break.
This is Laura's.
 This is mine.
Nadine left Tuesday morning and I didn't get a chance to take a picture of hers.  I didn't leave until Wednesday so I went to Wegmans, this time the one in Newton and made dinner for us that night.

Wednesday while I was getting ready to leave for Greta's the carbon monoxide detector starting beeping every 30 seconds.  I thought I had set something off because I was using the hair dryer for so long.  However, it turns out, after some internet searching, that the unit needed to be replaced.  The beeping is a signal that the device is 7 years old and should be replaced.  Good thing it happened before Laura left to come to CT and then NY for Thanksgiving because I could hear the annoying beep outside.
 On my way out of town I stopped to get gas.  A Mobil station for only $2.97!!

No comments: