Sunday, November 2, 2014

NYC Marathon

Congratulations to Greta!!!  She completed the NYC Marathon under windy conditions that the elite runners complained about.
Got these pics and video from Charles




I posted this on Facebook today (11/3/14) after posting the above yesterday and wanted to save it here.

I forgot to mention the reason I was even more proud of Greta's accomplishment. She raised $6,525 for Memorial Sloan Kettering as part of their Fred's Team program.
This is what she wrote on her donation page.
"My Mom reminded me the other day that at the finish line in 2000 I said "I will never do this again." But here I am, 14 years later, training to run the NYC marathon. In 2000 I was fit, young, and determined to make a certain time. Well now... I'm no longer (as) young, I'm not nearly as fit, and I'm just looking to finish. I'm blessed to have a healthy husband and sons and everyday I reflect and give my thanks for this. I will not take it for granted. That's why I've joined the fight against cancer by running the NYC Marathon AGAIN. This time I'm doing it with Fred’s Team - Memorial Sloan Kettering’s (MSK) marathon program. The program raises money to fund lifesaving research at MSK—and I’m proud to be part of the team! I can imagine a world without cancer."
Love you Greta!
Mom

No comments: