Monday, December 15, 2014

Greta Visit 11/19-11/24

I drove to Greta's on Wednesday and got there before Hunter got home from school.  We hugged and he said he was going to lie down because he was tired and had hockey practice in a couple of hours.  Later Greta told me he probably just wanted to play with his electronics.  When Myles came home he played his saxophone for me - first year of lessons and then his trumpet.

 Tucker and Hunter went to hockey practice with Bev and I took Myles to his practice at Chelsea Piers.  What a fantastic place.  So many types of sporting activity all under one roof.

Thursday the boys went off to school after Hunter had to quickly do his homework and then left separately with friends to drive up to Lake Placid and Greta and Charles followed later in the day.

 In the meantime I went to the Stamford Town Center where I spent 3 hours.  I was using MapMyWalk and it said I walked 6 miles although I find that hard to imagine.  It's a good thing I used it because awhile after it said something about 3 hours I realized that was how long I had left money for in the meter so I went rushing out and didn't have a ticket on my window when I got back to my car.  My next stop was to pick up Tucker at his school and I didn't know where I was going so it left me plenty of time to get lost.  It was cold and windy that day so I tried to stay warm in the vestibule of his building where they have 2 beautiful fish tanks at the Brunswick Lower School.
 Speaking of fish, this is Myles new spotted puffer fish.  While he was gone I had to feed the fish 2 frozen itsy bitty prawns which I remembered to do every day.

On Friday I went into the city to see Aunt Harrie.  Because my back was still bothering me and I wanted to get there earlier rather than later, I took the shuttle over to the West Side from Grand Central and then the train down to 14th St.  I'm finally figuring out how to get there the eaisest way possible and was able to stay underground until I could come out on 12th street since it was also cold out.  Then it was only a few blocks walk the rest of the way.
There was a lot of subway entertainment that day.  I had a great visit with Aunt Harrie and I can't believe I never took a picture because I planned on doing a selfie of the two of us.  We had a great Japanese lunch which I picked up at the restaurant around the corner and brought back to the apt.
Saturday morning Tucker and I were at Chelsea Piers in Stamford at 6:30 AM
Being a goalie meant there was a lot of gear to get into.  He had a 7:00 AM game and another one at 10:00.



No comments: