Monday, April 14, 2014

Spinach Salad



This has become my favorite spinach salad dressing now that I'm into using bacon grease, as long as I don't make it too often. The basic salad recipe excluding the dressing depends on what I have in the house, but this is what I like to include.  I put in amounts for a salad for 4 but use whatever you have in the amounts you like.

Salad:
8-10 oz baby spinach
1/4  cup chopped onions, red, sweet or green
sliced white mushrooms
2 large eggs
8 pieces crisp bacon, chopped (save grease)

Dressing:
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 

To make the dressing save 3 tblsp bacon grease after cooking the bacon.  That's usually all the grease you get, or if you don't get that much that's OK too.  Heat the grease in a small pan and whisk in the other ingredients.  Pour over salad ingredients and toss.
The original recipe is from -->
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/spinach-salad-with-warm-bacon-dressing-recipe.html?oc=linkback

No comments: