Sunday, April 13, 2014

Carnival Cruise March 31-April 6

Just back from our first Carnival Cruise and although Carnival has had it's share of bad press we had a wonderful time and will go on another. We did have to skip Freeport because of engine problems that reduced our cruising speed but that was OK with us. And for the inconvenience, Carnival issued everyone a $50 credit and 25% discount on another cruise and of course credited us for the port charges we wouldn't be spending.

Most of the pictures I took were of the clothes I wore so I could pack better for our next trip to the Baltics. As usual I didn't wear a lot of what I brought, unlike our trip to the Mediterranean, but we drove to Baltimore and weren't limited by having to drag suitcases as we travelled. Took lots of food pictures too.

Our favorite food item was the warm chocolate melting cake that is on every dinner dessert menu. We only got it 3 times and I could never eat the whole thing, or maybe I should say I wouldn't let myself eat the whole thing.  Click here for the recipe.
Carnival allows one bottle of wine per person to be brought on board.  Here we are having a Welcome Aboard glass.

This was as close as Larry ever got to a slot machine.
The theater had shows every night and Bingo
The first day out was a little rough.  It wasn't until we were sitting on one side of the room in the buffet restaurant and looked out the windows on the other side and could see how the boat was rocking.  First you saw only sky and then you saw only water.
Here's Larry one morning waiting for an omelette.
First day at sea.  At least I could let some skin stick out for the first time all winter.
We were taking a walk around the deck.
The balcony was nicer when the weather got warmer.
On day 2 at sea the pants got shorter, and the fleece was replaced by a light cartigan
The sun was out, shadows!!  And we weren't rocking so miniature golf was a lot easier.
Our ship from Grand Turk.  We browsed the stores, got stuck in one when a downpour hit and then the sun came back.
We were taking pictures of each other on opposite sides of this sign that I was going to photoshop into one but someone came by and insisted on taking a picture with both of us
The Serenity area was usually always crowded except when everyone else was in port
My cheesecake poses.




Our great "wait staff" - Ben (Tunisia), I (Bali) and Arlan (Phillipines)
And we can never resist getting that cruise portrait

No comments: