Sue made this for bridge club last month and it was so rich and delicious, I could only eat half of my piece and brought the other half home for Larry. He also thought it was delicious but I told him I would never make it because it was way too fattening. But then I needed a dessert to bring to Patti's Super Bowl Party and this was the first thing that came to mind. So I dashed off an email to Sue and she promptly replied back. The recipe is so easy and no wonder it is so rich and fattening, just look at these ingredients.
Chocolate Fudge Pie
1 graham cracker crust (store bought 2 extra servings works well or 9 inch homemade)
6 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate – 100% cacao. The bars are now 4 oz. so you need 2.
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 8oz. carton Cool Whip – defrosted
- Chop chocolate into very small pieces.
- Microwave in a large microwave safe bowl until softened and can be stirred smooth. (Try 30 seconds at a time). If you have a large bowl for melting, you can make the pie in this bowl.
- Stir in condensed milk until well mixed and smooth.
- Let stand 2 minutes.
- Fold in about 5 oz. Cool Whip
- Pour into pie shell. (Will not fill the crust)
- Cover. Refrigerate 4 to 8 hours. Refrigerate the rest of the Cool Whip.
- After the 4 to 8 hours, spread a little Cool Whip on the top.
- Cover and refrigerate.
I calculated the WW PP and for 8 servings it is 14 PP each.
Just have a taste, very worth it!!