Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mother's Day Week at Greta's

I got home May 6th and May 8th I was on the road again to go to Greta's.  She asked me to come earlier than the weekend because she was going to be in Las Vegas for work and Tucker and Myles both had Mother's Day events that I was going to go to in her place.

When I arrived everyone was playing basketball, including a friend.
The Mother's Day tea at Tucker's school on Thursday was precious.  Each of the boys met their mother at the door of their classroom and escorted them to their seats where there were lots of presents waiting.  Then they served us iced tea in china tea cups and beautiful desserts.  We got to see all their work and visit with the other mothers for an enjoyable event.  Greta would have loved it.
 Birds nests with eggs.

 Friday morning I went to a Mother's Day event in Myles's class where each child wrote something for their mother and then read it to her in front of the class.  I held the spot for Greta.

Laura came on Friday for Mother' Day weekend.
 A little thumbs up
 Myles had diving practice
 Some LAX
 Why isn't anyone paying attention to the game?
 Electronics time??
 Greta came home and was greeted by her boys!
 More electronic time
 More sports
 Laura was feeling a little sad at our Mother's Day lunch, it was Greta's fault because she didn't want her picture taken :-)
 Now we were all happy
 More sports
 And more sports!  Tucker got a home run when he was at bat.
Laura took the train home and Greta and Charles went on a mini vacation for their 10th Anniversary.  Nadine came to stay with me on her way back from visiting Emily.  It was time for a nap.
We went into the city Monday and Tuesday.  One day we spent with Aunt Harrie and the next with Rich.  A little shopping too at Uniglo.
On our way back from lunch at the White Horse Tavern (this time I had one of their delicious hamburgers) we saw Obama's caravan driving right by Aunt Harrie's apartment as he was going to lunch.
All the police were out and so many barricades were set up.  The ones below were still up when we headed back to the train just waiting to be told they could leave.  Your taxpayer dollars at work.
We met Rich at his office on Tuesday and went to Le Pain Quotidien where we sat for a couple of uninterrupted hours and caught up on the latest news, with food of course.
Greta and Charles came back on Tuesday, Nadine left on Wednesday and I took Myles and Hunter to see Ironman 3 in Imax 3D because they got out of school early and it was supposed to rain, it didn't.
On Thursday, my day off, I went back to the mall where the movie theater was, went to DSW and bought too many pairs of shoes and then to Marshall's where I bought a pair of pants that I returned when I got home.

On Friday, I went to Tucker's Grandparent/Special Friend visiting day on Friday.
This time I knew exactly where I was going.  We all started in the auditorium where we had coffee and received a copy of the school magazine and then went to the classrooms.
 We worked on different drawing and craft projects and the class sang a song in Spanish.
 Tucker has his picture on the cover of the magazine and on various other pages inside.

Later that day I took the train into the city so I could meet Larry for Sarah's graduation.  I made another stop at Uniqlo and this time I found some things to buy.

1 comment:

Em said...

Wow!!! This looks like an awesome week!!!! And very busy :)