Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Deleting all photos from iPhone / iPad

Since I always have to look up how to do this (actually this is the 2nd time) I thought I would just post it here.  I usually save all the pictures I take on my phone until I realize they're taking up too much spae and then I want to delete them all.  They are all on my computer since I download them frequently so I'm not just throwing them out.

Here is one simple method I got from here:  http://www.mactrast.com/2012/12/how-to-remove-all-photos-from-an-iphone-at-once/

  1. Connect the iPhone to the computer to the Mac’s USB port using your iPhone sync/charging cable.
  2. Launch Image Capture. You’ll find this in the Applications Folder.
  3. Make sure the iPhone is selected in the device list on the left side of the screen, and Press (Command Key + A) to Select All the photos.
  4. Click the red Delete button, at bottom of screen (red circle with slash through it - as shown on link page), to delete all of the photos.
  5. Confirm deletion when asked.
  6. Wait for the deletion process to finish. (If you have Gigs of photos on your iPhone, this can take awhile.)

No comments: