Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Good to follow directions

Clear Care is my favorite contact lens cleaner.  I could do a commerical for them.  You don't have to rub the contacts with the cleaner, just put them in the container and let them sit overnight.  BUT do not put the liquid anywhere near your eye because it contains hydrogen peroxide.  There are warnings all over the bottle and I've been using this for years so
I don't know what my problem was but a week ago after I put my contacts in I needed to rinse one of them again.  I usually use the old solution that I took the contacts out of to clean them, but this time I just poured it out of the bottle right onto the lens and then popped it into my eye.   OW-W-W!!

I poked around in my eye and couldn't find the lens but then saw it in the sink.  I quickly rinsed my eye with water and it really hurt.  It was glasses for me and I was glad that I was still able to see.  I don't know if my eye hurt from the solution or from poking in it but it sure looked awful. These pictures are really gross but the one on the left shows how red the eye was.
It stayed that way for about a week and today was the first day I could wear contacts.
     


No comments: