Friday, January 13, 2012

Orange Kiss-Me Cake

I previously mentioned that I was on the Pillsbury site for something else, not the lime bread.  I was looking for a chocolate dessert to make to bring for New Year's Eve along with the Buttermilk Pie.  I was looking for the zillionth time at the Tunnel of Fudge cake recipe.  Then I found a recipe for Orange Kiss-Me Cake and I thought I still had the original recipe.  I knew exactly where to look and found the recipe that I must have saved from a bag of Pillbury flour.  This was the winner in 1950 and here is the link http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/orange-kiss-me-cake/8815ee24-37ee-4646-a989-8c993d2cdac4/
on the site.  Not sure which is more updated, the one I have says that it is updated from the original and uses frozen OJ.  The one online uses a fresh orange.
Below is the recipe I have which was probably from the 60s or 70s. 

No comments: