Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Cranberry Martini

Karen had these at Thanksgiving and I had two. Boy were they good. Later that week when I got the recipe from her she said she gave it to me last year after Thanksgiving too. Sure enough I had it, but this year I made them.

Ina Garten once filmed a Food Network special called Thanksgiving Live to answer viewers’ questions about cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Bobby Flay made a delicious cranberry martini to sip while they worked (what a good idea!). They look so festive and her guests loved them! Infuse the vodka with the orange zest and cranberries at least 2 days ahead.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup (8 oz./250 g) sugar
  • 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) fresh cranberries
  • 6 (1 x 3-inch/2.5 x 7.5-cm) strips of orange zest, plus extra for serving (see note below)
  • 1 (750 ml) bottle good vodka, such as Grey Goose
  • 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) cranberry juice cocktail, preferably tart
  • 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) Triple Sec
  • Ice




No comments: