Monday, May 9, 2022

Greek Yogurt Parmesan Chicken

 I needed something for dinner tonight.  Found some chicken in the freezer and thought I'd try this one.

It's similar to this other recipe I make but thought I'd try it.  If it comes out good this will be posted and hopefully I'll remember to take a picture.  


I forgot to take a picture of the chicken in the pan but remembered before I dug into this piece.

This recipe is a combination of ones I found online and we loved it.  Larry said that he was leery of it when he saw what it looked like going into the oven but the final results were delicious.




Ingredients
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (or more)
  • 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt 
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese 
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced  or 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp lemon zest ( I didn't have any)
  • 11/2 tsp grill seasoning (seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, ranch seasoning, or Cajun seasoning) (I used 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning, maybe next time I'll try more)
  • 1/4 cup panko


Directions 
  • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. 
  • Place the chicken in a prepared baking dish. Season well with salt and pepper. 
  • Mix together the yogurt, Parmesan, garlic, lemon zest, panko, and the seasoning you choose. 
  • Put the mixture on both sides of the chicken, making sure it is completely coated. 
  • Bake for 35-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Here's another recipe I saw that looks good to try from Katie Couric

No comments: