Thursday, May 4, 2017

Vanilla Vinaigrette Salad

Audrey invited us over for dinner the other night and I was bringing a salad.  I had fresh strawberries and oranges so looked up a salad that would have those ingredients.  I found one called "Salad Greens With Oranges, Strawberries and Vanilla Vinaigrette" at food.com and then remembered I had vanilla balsamic vinegar from F. Oliver's and made it "my own" as they say about singers.

Proportions aren't necessary.  Just use what you like or have on hand.  I'm listing what I've included in various versions I've made this past week as a reminder of options for next time.


My Vanilla Vinaigrette Salad

chopped romaine
small slices red onions
sectioned oranges
sliced strawberries
blackberries
grape tomatoes
toasted walnuts or pecans
blue cheese

Vanilla Vinaigrette
3 parts EVOO
2 parts vanilla balsamic vinegar




No comments: