Monday, October 10, 2016

Marriott's Fairway Villas - Oct 5-10

On Wednesday we left home for Absecon, NJ and the first leg of our vacation at Marriott Fairway Villa.  It seems like we just got home from a vacation.  Oh yes, we did only 2 weeks ago and it took me that long to get everything unpacked, washed, organized and packed again.  Hurricane Matthew was on it's way but I believed that we wouldn't get involved with it based on the timing of out stays.

We were scheduled for an owner's update on Thursday, which in "timeshare" oops, I mean "vacation club ownership" language means a sales pitch.  Darn, there was a yoga class at 9:30 but our meeting was at 10:00.  Then about 9:45 we get a call about changing our appointment to Friday since the sales person was sick but to compensate we'll get an extra $25 on our $100 giftcard for attending the presentation.

We decided to take a ride to Atlantic City which was only 1/2 hour away but we didn't even get out of the car.  We did drive down to see the Absecon Lighthouse
which is the tallest lighthouse in New Jersey.  We can cross that off our bucket list.  We decided we would have an evergreen bucket list which would be developed as we saw things we didn't know we wanted to see.

From there we went to Historic Smithville and boutght the most delicious cheeses at Magnificos. Cajun Crab and Horseradish Cheddar.  Back at the resort we went to wine and cheese where we didn't talk to anyone and no one talked to us either but there was good music.

On Friday we met with Michael, who stood us up the day before because he was sick and he really did have a bad cold.  We spent about 3 hours with him and almost bought some more points but that night I texted him and said we weren't interested.  He wanted to talk to us some more so we went back to see him the next day.

We went back to Smithville for a late lunch at Fred & Ethels.  We both got beers and chicken sandwiches and took half of it back in takeout containers.  We played on the putting green for awhile and Larry then hit a bucket of balls at the driving range.

On Saturday, we saw Michael and listened to an extended sales pitch on why we needed to buy $20,000 for an extra 2000 VCP.  He told us again to think it over.  When we left, thanks to Hurricane Matthew, it was raining and rained most of the day.

The next day was a little chilly and we went to the Edwin P Forsythe Wildflife Santuary for a walk and to get some fresh air after a day indoors.   I also texted Michael and told him we definitely were not interested.  AMEN!!

On Monday it was off to Williamsburg, VA.

No comments: