Saturday, November 14, 2015

How to Clean a Burnt Pot

This happened to me once before, only much worse but I was so frantic about getting it fixed that I never took any pictures.  This time I was much more relaxed, even though it occurred in the middle of my cooking, so I took pictures.
I was making chili and also catching up on watching "How to Get Away with Murder."  I guess I got really engrossed in the show and when I got up to stir the chili (I hadn't but in the tomatoes or beans yet) it was all burnt on the bottom.  I quickly shut off the stove and transferred what I had so far into a bowl.  I then looked up how to clean the pot since I didn't remember and I didn't document it the last time.  Below is what my pot looked like to start.  All that you see was firmly stuck to the pot.



I added 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of water.  Since this was enough to cover all the burnt stuff I didn't need to add more water which could be added if needed.  Then I let it come to a good rolling boil.  Once it came to a boil I added 3 tablespoons of baking soda and it fizzled away.  

Next I poured off everything that was in the pot and scrubbed lightly with the abrasive side of a sponge.  Below is the mid scrubbing picture.  It came off so easily.
And here was the result.  Just like new in no time.  I put back all the ingredients I removed, added the tomatoes and beans and let it simmer while I watched some more of my show.



Note;  12/15/15 - while I was looking at something else I saw that I did post this before right here.

No comments: