I even tried a new way to sew on the binding in one strip.
I used flannel for the front and fleece for the back.
I used 5 different flannel patterns and cut them into 5 inch strips with a 1/2 inch seam.
My goal was to have 4 in squares.
Then I sewed the strips together in the order I wanted them for each row.
Then I sewed them together and cut them into 5 inch strips which saved a lot of time cutting into individual 5 inch squares.
The only problem with this was that I needed to reinforce the ends so the stitching wouldn't come out.
After I sewed them together I laid the front onto the back and stitched in the ditch over all the seams.
I used this method <click here> to put on the binding. I made the binding from another piece of flannel.