Thursday, October 16, 2014

Catching Up

Well, I still haven't posted our beginning of September posts from our trip to Hilton Head and here it is the middle of October.  But tonight, just around midnight I finally got my T-shirt quilt laid out, at least it is with graph paper.  I still have a long way to go because I have to do final cutting on a lot of the pieces and still have 4 or 5 t-shirts that I haven't cut at all but the hard part is done.  I am so excited.  I've been working on this since August.  I had to take some breaks because all that bending over the island doing the cutting and the ironing board putting on the interfacing killed my neck and back for a week.  Good thing we went away for two weeks so it made me take a rest from it.  Since we've been back I worked on it in between other things but now I've been more focused since I've been binge watching some shows which probably drags out the actual time I spend working on the quilt because I have to focus a lot on my shows.

So far since the middle of September I watched the first six seasons of Mad Men and now I'm into Breaking Bad.  Just finished the first half of Season 4 and I have Season 5 ready to go after that.

This was the first layout
and then I moved a couple of pieces around to make it more interesting.  Tomorrow I'll play with these pieces some more to reorganize where I want the colors and to move some of the pieces that form straight lines  that are too long .

No comments: