Friday, February 17, 2012

Maple-Glazed Ribs

Larry saw this recipe in the Endless Vacation magazine.  For some reason he's always pointing out recipes for me to make.  When I tell him he should make it he just sort of walks away, now why is that?  Anyway, I decided I would make it for him this weekend since I am deserting him for a few days next week to visit Laura and Greta.
I found the recipe online http://www.endlessvacation.com/TravelTactics/In-Vermont,-Stick-to-Ribs.aspx so I won't have to type it :-) Picture will be added after I make it.



Maple-Glazed Ribs     
Serves 4 to 6
 

2 racks baby back ribs, about 2 lb. each
2/3 cup maple syrup 
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. grated ginger
1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
2 Tbsp. peanut oil or vegetable oil 

Salt and pepper, to taste 
Juice of one large lime


HEAT oven to 300°F and line a shallow baking dish with foil.  

SEASON ribs liberally with salt and pepper and lay them in the dish in a single layer, meat side down. Combine maple syrup, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, oil and lime juice in a bowl and whisk to blend.  
SPOON about a third over the ribs to coat generously. Cover pan tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, turn ribs over and spoon more glaze on top.  
COVER and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and glaze again. Raise heat to 375°F and bake, basting occasionally with remaining glaze, until meat is tender and glaze is dark, about 30 minutes longer.

No comments: