Thursday, November 3, 2011

More Myrtle Beach

Yesterday after staying in till noon we went to one of the 2 Tanger Outlet Malls here and walked past all the stores and into many of them.  We had lunch at Le Gourmet Chef as we sampled our way around the store and did some shopping.  Larry got a sweatshirt and 2 belts and hit the shoe jackpot which you can see here http://fashionotsa.blogspot.com/2011/11/myrtle-beach.html.

After our first night dinner, which Em commented on and I was ready to repeat the next night, we switched to healthy eating.  Tuesday we went grocery shopping and had our travelling meal of salad and rotisserie chicken.  Yesterday we stopped to get some more lettuce and found scallops in small packages so created a new meal with a small lettuce salad on the side.  Before I forget what I did, here goes.  I had to use what I had so I would make substitutes at home, like olive oil for butter but we didn't want to have to buy too much stuff.

Pasta Primivera with Scallops
8 oz scallops
1 tomato chopped
2 lg green onions sliced
sliced mushrooms
2 Tbls butter
white wine
2 lg cloves garlic

Sautee onions and garlic, add tomato and mushrooms
Remove from heat.
Cook pasta and at the same time boil down some of the wine and add scallions to cook through
Add the veggies to heat all.

Put pasta on plate and add veggie scallop mixture.
Parmesan cheese on top

While we were at Food Lion yesterday I saw the cutest bottle of wine.  Now I consider myself a pretty picky wine drinker.  It doesn't mean that I am a wine conoissier it means that I either like it or don't like it.  But I am taken in by wine labels and when I saw this one I knew I had to have it.  Karen and John are coming to visit us today for a few days and next week is her 50th birthday so we'll celebrate it while they're here.  We have some gifts for her with us and this will be a little go along.  Since she is the middle sister in her family, but the middle sister of 5 rather than 3 I just needed to do a little updating to the label.



No comments: