Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Southern Weight Watchers

I had to do my monthly weigh in so found a WW meeting not far away from us.  They have 2 meetings a week in Greensboro, SC and both are on Tuesday, one at 12:00 and the other at 5:30.  Larry was playing golf this morning so it was perfect.  I stayed for the meeting where we talked about Thanksgiving menus.  They wanted to know what a "Yankee" menu consists of.
I even won a door prize - Cinnamon Crumb bar.  The hardest part was not eating all morning.  I wasn't even going to have coffee but I broke down.  I was concerned about how much I was going to weight because I've been away for weeks without weighing myself.  I felt good when I was only up .6 pounds.
- Posted from my iPhone
Location:Carey Station Rd,Greensboro,United States

After the meeting I went to Publix and got some more 2/1 diet Swiss Miss Cocoa - what a deal and came home for lunch & breakfast combo.  Then I was ready for a nap so I took my audio book out to the couch on the porch and layed down to listen and fell asleep.  When Larry woke me at 5:00 (when I wanted to make dinner) I eventually roused myself enough to open my eyes and just had to take some pictures. 


We went inside and made dinner.  The recipe was one we sampled at Publix yesterday for Cod Saute with Citrus Bernaise.
We adapted the recipe quite a bit to reduce the calories but the following is the original and here is the link.

Cod Sauté With Citrus Béarnaise

Ingredients
1 large egg, beaten (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 cod loins (20 oz), thawed
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 cup reduced-fat milk
1 packet Béarnaise sauce mix (about 1 oz)
juice of 1/2 lemon

Prep
  • Place egg and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
  • Combine flour and seasoned salt in third bowl.
Steps
  1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium heat 3–4 minutes. Dip fish in flour (coating both sides) then dip into egg (allowing excess to drip off.) Finally, dip into bread crumbs.
  2. Place 2 tablespoons butter in pan, then add fish; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and 145°F (or ­flesh separates easily).
  3. Combine milk and sauce in saucepan on medium-high. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and bring to a boil, stirring often.
  4. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring continually, until sauce thickens. Squeeze juice of one-half lemon (about 1 tablespoon) into sauce; stir until well blended. Serve sauce over fish.

No comments: