Saturday, June 14, 2014

Stuffed Mushrooms

I wanted to make stuffed mushrooms, something I haven't made in decades but I couldn't find my recipe which I once had on an index card.  I found a recipe from Wegmans  that was  similar to the one I used to make and another one on allrecipes that sounded good too and I came up with this one.
As it is a day later, that I'm updating this I realize I never took a picture so I guess I'll have to make it again so I can add the picture.  I guess they were a hit when I took them to our get together at Jane's because there weren't any left.

imagine a picture of delicious stuffed mushroom here


Stuffed Mushrooms

INGREDIENTS:
24 large mushrooms
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp- 1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Salt if desired

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350℉

Select 24 large mushrooms; wipe clean with paper towel. Remove stems and finely chop them. Set aside.

Melt 1 tbsp butter in saucepan on MEDIUM-HIGH. Add onions and garlic; cook about 1 min. Add chopped stems; cook, stirring, about 5 min or until most of the moisture has cooked off.  Remove from heat and let cool.

Stuffing:  Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and pepper to  mushroom mixture.

Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place mushroom caps on it.  Fill each cap with the stuffing and bake at 350℉ for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are hot and liquid starts forming underneath.

No comments: