Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mini Zucchini Quiche

This was in the WW weekly and online http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeId=339391

The week after it was in the weekly someone brought a batch into the meeting I worked and I thought they were so good that I had to give it a try.  I made some in paper muffin cups but they stuck too much but my mini muffin pans were probably too mini because they came out so little, that's why I switched to paper because I could fill them more.  Maybe some spray on the papers would help.  After I made them, I froze them and when I want to use them I take them out and let them thaw and then warm them up in the toaster oven.


Ingredients
2 small uncooked zucchini, finely chopped
1 large uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
1 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese, about 3 oz
6 large egg(s)
1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, finely chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat two 24-hole nonstick mini muffin pans with cooking spray (or use just one pan and cook in two batches).

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon egg mixture into each prepared hole, making sure to stir mixture in bowl after filling each one.

Bake until bottoms are golden brown and quiche are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove pan(s) from oven and let quiche cool for a few minutes in pan(s); remove quiche to a wire rack to cool more (and repeat with remaining ingredients if necessary). Yields 1 quiche per serving.
Notes
This recipe can be halved for smaller gatherings.

No comments: