Monday, July 23, 2012

Oriental Mushrooms

I didn't think I remembered where I got this recipe from but I did.
It's from page 428 of my Betty Crocker's Cookbook
27th Printing, 1976

It's always been a favorite of mine and since I have a pound of mushrooms sitting in my refrigerator I think they will make a great side for dinner tonight.



Oriental Mushrooms

Serves: 4-6                            
Preparation Time: 15 Min.

1 lb. fresh mushrooms.*
1/4 C. butter or margarine             
1/2 C. water  
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 C. chopped onion
Toasted slivered almonds (optional)
2 tsp. flour
1 beef bouillon cube or
1 tsp. instant beef bouillon

If using fresh mushrooms slice parallel with stem.  Can leave whole if small. 

In large skillet, cook and stir onion in butter until tender. 

Stir in mushrooms.  Sprinkle flour over mixture; stir until mushrooms are coated.

Add water, bouillon cube and soy sauce, stirring until bouillon cube is dissolved.

 Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes.

Sprinkle with slivered almonds. (optional)

* or 2 jars (4 1/2 oz. each) sliced mushrooms, drained 


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thank you. I made these in cooking class in junior high in the early 80s. The other five kitchens made potato dishes that took longer than the class. Our kitchen was done in plenty of time.