Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mango Salsa

I bought a couple of mangos the other day and didn't know what I was going to do with them but had a Mango Salsa in the back of my mind.  Yesterday Patsy and Ann came over for dinner with Laura, Larry and I and I looked up a bunch of recipes and based on what I had on hand the following is my recipe.

I had frozen chopped up cilantro and that worked great.  I usually buy a bunch of cilantro for a recipe and there is so much left over but it is so usable after freezing.  I also had some chopped up frozen jalapeno too and that worked well also.  Having those things on hand in the freezer also made it less time consuming for making the salsa and I'm all about the easier way of doing things.  The main inspiration for this recipe came from http://whatscookingamerica.net/CynthiaPineda/MangoSalsa.htm


Mango Salsa

Ingredients:

1 tbls chopped jalepeno or as much as you like for hotness you want
1 small clove of garlic, crushed fine with 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 green onions, diced or 1/4 cup diced red onion
diced fresh or canned pineapple
cilantro to taste, since I used frozen I added about 1 tblsp which expanded after being added
juice of half lime

Peel and dice the mango.
Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
Squeeze the lime over all and stir.

Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

No comments: